More Art Monday: Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving is only a couple of days away! Are you ready to gobble-gobble on some turkey? What are you thankful for this year?
We’re thankful for ART 24/7, the program dedicated to bringing high-quality photographs of each object on our collection to the web.
- “Turkey," Date Unknown, James Castle
- Left: “Man Eating Sweet Potatoes," 18th Century, Ike Taiga, Japanese, Edo Period (1615-1868) Purchased with funds contributed by Mrs. John C. Atwood, Jr., 1969
- Right: "Marshmallow" Sofa Designed by George Nelson Associates, Designed 1956, Made by the Herman Miller Furniture Company
- “Merry Company," c. 1663-67, Attributed to Jan Steen
- Left: Dinner Service Platter “Wild Turkey,” From the state dinner and dessert service of Rutherford B. Hayes, c. 1882, Designed by Theodore Russell Davis
- Right:Wild Turkey, Male and Female, 1825-33, Alexander Lawson. After a drawing by Titian Ramsay Peale II.
- “Platter," 1980, Ralph Bacerra, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. B. Herbert Lee, 2007
- “The Celebrated Gargantua,” c. 1840, Artist/maker unknown